Obviously, we aren’t a hardcore raiding guild. We don’t tell people what to spec. We don’t set aside 8 hours every Saturday to raid Gruul/Magtheridon. We don’t run Serpentshrine Cavern every night.
But we do run Karazhan four days a week. And the interest in this activity is growing.
So I’d like to go over a couple quick rules Nny and I have worked on. Once again, these things are most certainly not required, but will help with avoiding frustration.
1. Download Group Calendar from curse.com. Nny/Mythicor uses it to know who has scheduled themselves for a run, and he can confirm if you are good to go or not.
2. Show up on time. In fact, show up 10 minutes early before the scheduled time. We have been getting better at starting closer to the proper time as we get more people interested in running Kara.
3. Make sure you are repaired 100% before going in. Obviously, if we have cleared to the Blackmsith beyond Attumen and you are Honored with the Violet Eye, then repair when needed. Otherwise, please make sure you don’t need to repair in the middle of trash clearing.
4. Make sure you have enough mana/health pots before going, or before everyone starts going, ask if guildies have spares they can spare 😛 I would say it’s a safe bet for casters to have 5-10 mana pots for every boss fight (this includes clearing trash and fighting the boss himself.)
5. Download a threat meter from curse.com. There are more than one. I prefer Omen, because it is a little more proactive about warning your lazy bum when you are about to pull aggro.
6. Download Deadly Boss Mods. This is a great mod that will warn you when bosses are going to do their special attacks/tricks. This will allow you to plan accordingly for such things to happen.
7. Be patient. We are fairly new to this whole raiding thing. If we wipe on a boss a couple times, I would ask you to shrug it off and get back in line for the next run. This is a game, after all, and we should remember to keep that in focus when we have a 15g repair bill to pay.
I would like to send my thanks to Mythicor for setting things up for us. I would also like to send my gratitude to those who have raided so far in our guild. We have a tremendously friendly group of people who are running it, and I think if we get more people up to 70, we may even need 2 groups going instead of 1. I know we are getting close to that point.
Hope to see everyone else in Kara getting fat loot!